|glasses c/o Firmoo|
My heart leaps a little bit when I start thinking about purpose. As if there’s a little bit of could-be magic wrapped up in that short little word. Purpose is one of those small words that has BIG meaning.
I remember being a little girl, blissfully unaware of hardships in life, both starry-eyed and blue-eyed, with long blond hair and a ready smile. Even as a little girl, I knew I had a purpose. From a very early age my parents instilled in me a deep sense of purpose. At night, when they tucked me in bed, Mom and Dad would say something along the lines of “Amanda, God made you for a very special reason. He’s given you a purpose that you, and only you can fulfill.”
I never questioned them.
Though I have sometimes wondered exactly what that purpose is.
When I started blogging I had a very specific purpose in mind. My husband was in seminary, and I started blogging in order to keep our family abreast of what was happening in our (relatively boring) lives.
At some point in time my purposed changed. Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love it that our families read Royal Daughter Designs. I love it when I get a surprise comment from my sister-in-law in Switzerland (hi Esther!) and when I get an e-mail from a second cousin telling me they loved my post that day. It thrills me to know that my writing blesses my family, and that they are proud of me.
But now my purpose is different.
And I don’t know about you, but finding my purpose in blogging has been sort of a challenge for me. I’ve been asking myself the following questions as I seek to discover the purpose for Royal Daughter Designs:
- What story do I want to tell? // What story does God want me to tell?
- To whom am I writing? // To whom do I want to write?
- What is the goal of writing?
- How does my writing bless my family?
- Does blogging enhance or detract from my life? // My home? // My marriage? //My walk with God?
- Do I have anything useful to say? // Encouraging? // Inspiring?
In the next few weeks I will be creating a page that expresses my purpose for Royal Daughter Designs. I want to be intentional to blog, to write, with purpose.
How did you determine your purpose in blogging?
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of this linky, please read this post.)
- #1 rule: Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. Don’t have a lot of time to read them all? Visit the person who linked up before you.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow RDD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific posts, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to Royal Daughter Designs in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
Copy and Paste Code
the importance of family.
blogging Q & A
with my sponsors
Is your family supportive of your blog/business? How do you use your blog/business to bless your family and strengthen the family relationship?