Oh hi there. I’m Cody, the favorite fur-baby of the family. But don’t mention that to the cats, they might get jealous.
My mom’s taking the weekend off, so I thought I’d tell you about all of the hard work she’s been doing, plans she’s been making, and why you should sponsor her blog in January.
1. You might have missed the announcement, but did you know that my mom has been busy getting RDD ready to move to a self-hosted WordPress site next month? What does that mean for you? Well she told me that she’s purchased a framework that has built-in SEO (that’s search engine optimization — whatever that means), so she’s expecting increased pageviews. I told her I’m only impressed if it involves bacon, but she wasn’t amused. Anyway, since her sponsor spots include a weekly in-post Q&A, that means more people getting to know you. Sounds like a win-win to me.
2. I don’t know much about social media (I mean, I’m a dog, give me a break!) but I do know that my mom has planned a twitter party (I like birds, but not as much as squirrels!) which will include several giveaway prizes and lots of social media interaction. She’s already written out party questions, planned and bought prizes, and will be announcing the details soon.
3. My mom’s been busy writing (read: ignoring me) and has already planned and scheduled posts that she’ll be linking up with: A Holy Experience, The Wiegands, Rags to Stitches, The Pleated Poppy, 5 Days 5 Ways, Live. Laugh. Rowe. A Night Owl Blog, and others.
4. I’m a little unclear about the whole blog sponsoring thing (I might pay more attention if it involved bacon) but I do know that January will be the biggest month for my mom as far as sponsoring other blogs. She told me she’ll be sponsoring: Much Love, Illy, Agape Love Designs, A Complete Waste of Makeup, Life on Leroy, Live, Laugh, Rowe., The Blank Pages Blog, Bourbon & Glitter, Lena B, Actually, Erin’s Favorites, Whisky, Tango, Foxtrot, Peacoats & Plaid, Live, Eat, Create, The Farmer’s Wife, Two Martini Lunch, Comma with a K, and Our Love & Blessings, There may be more, but these are the ones I know for sure!
5. Facebook. I know there’s picture of me on facebook, but that’s about all I know. Mom told me she has a private Facebook group for her sponsors so that they can get to know/interact with each other. It also allows her to interact with them on a daily basis regarding posts/products of which they’re especially proud.
So what do you think? There are three sponsor spots left, and I think she might have social media only advertising still available too. You could always e-mail her and find out.
Oh, and since my Mom is trying to get those last three spots sold, she’s discounting them 40% this weekend! I guess that makes six reasons to sponsor her blog in January. I’m not so great at the counting thing…It’s a good thing I’m cute.
Have a good weekend,