I’ve fought it several years in a row. I’ve never been one to jump on a bandwagon, to do something just because everyone else is doing it. And while I’ve considered it in the past, I’ve always shied away from choosing a word of the year.
Perhaps the hesitation comes from knowing that I could easily choose any one of those words and it would be appropriate for the upcoming year. And so I purposed to not choose just one word.
It was Monday morning, not too early, but early enough that I wasn’t quite functioning yet.
My voice was still groggy and my eyes still glassy with sleepiness. My cheeks flushed with warmth from snuggling under a quilt with The Professor.
As I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror, toothbrush in hand…the only sign that I was awake, really…one word pounded in my ears, echoing over and over again in a silent unspoken prayer.
Lord I want to be rooted in You. Rooted in the truth of Your Word. Rooted in the grace that was poured out on the sinner’s tree. Oh God, let my marriage be rooted in unconditional, sacrificing love that reflects Your covenantal love to Your people. Let my life be rooted in the knowledge and understanding that You have a divinely-appointed purpose for me. I pray that my relationships are rooted in grace and forgiveness. I pray that my business is rooted in integrity and honor.
Prayers, inward utterances from somewhere within me. Billowing forth before I was even consciously aware of it.
And one word.
Not only my word for the year, but also my prayer.
Download a free 8X10 pdf here
(Feel free to link up your Word of the Year posts if you don’t have a #DesireToInspire post ready. But please know that One Word 365 has a community link up as well.)
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of this linky, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. Don’t have a lot of time to read them all? Visit the person who linked up before you.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific posts, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/2012/08/30/desire-to-inspirean-all-new-linky-party/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Desire-to-Inspire-Button.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
RDD: As a blogger, what is your biggest challenge for growing your community, and how do you deal with it?
SS: Growing our community organically with people who share the same vision. We have done some creative marketing in order to reach those people. We don’t just want a bunch of followers. We want a community that believes in the direction we are going and believes in the real connections with real women based on a real, respendent God.