#PrayerDare: February Challenge

Oh friends, I am so excited that this day has finally arrived. Today is the day that we officially launch #PrayerDare: a community initiative with the goal of equipping, encouraging, and holding women accountable to practice the daily discipline of prayer.

Tools for Praying Prayer Dare

To find out more about #PrayerDare please see our FAQ.

Over the course of the next year we will be joining each other and praying for a specific (and different) topic each month. We’re starting off #PrayerDare by praying for our husbands.  For those of you who are not married, please consider joining us one of two ways:

1. Join us by spending 28 days praying for a man in your life who holds special importance, but is married to someone else. We’re talking about guys like your dad, brother, pastor, or maybe even your best friend’s husband. The point is, they need to be prayed for, and there’s nothing that says it can’t be you praying for them.
  2. If you do not feel called to singleness, why don’t you consider joining us by spending 28 days praying for your future husband? We know that God’s not bound by time or circumstances, and spending a month praying for your future husband is probably one of the best things you can be doing for your future relationship.

In order to help hold each other accountable, we will be connecting on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #PrayerDareNow is the time to start forging relationships, praying for one another, and holding each other accountable.

how to pray for your husband

If you are not active on Twitter or Instagram, we have created a Facebook page where you can connect with other women who are committed to daily prayer. If you’re not active online at all, feel free to print the prayer cards and share them with your friends, family, and church members. Maybe God is calling you to be a #PrayerDare leader in your own community!

How do I pray for my husband

We are so looking forward to connecting with you this month. We have been praying for you for weeks, and are excited to see what God is going to do in your life.

If you are in a place in your marriage where you or your husband are ready to walk away and call it quits, please e-mail Amanda. We have a prayer team assembled and ready to pray for you and your marriage. We believe that this could be the month that the Lord redeems your marriage.

The Prayer of a Righteous Person

It is not required, but feel free to link up your twitter/instagram accounts so that we can easily connect with you. The linky will stay open all months, so feel free to join us at any time throughout February!

Prayer Dare Day One

free prayer card printable | free prayer card printable in black & white
free prayer card printables in Spanish

Welcome to #PrayerDare! We are excited to connect with you, to encourage you, and to be encouraged by you.

Connect with #PrayerDare on Facebook | Twitter

I’m linking up with Casey.

1. Tara says

Hi Amanda, I accidentally put my blog url and realized that people had put their twitters so my second one is twitter, sorry. Thank you. Tara (The Proverbs 31 Sanctuary)

• says

Tara – that is no problem! Several people linked up their blogs, or other urls! There’s no right or wrong way. :) So glad you’re joining us!

2. says

I am so excited for this!!! 😀
    Thank you so much for initiating this!
    We all know the men in our household or future men in our lives all need so much prayer for the responsibilities they are given or will have … Can’t wait to print out the cards!

3. says

Wauw, what a great initiative!
    Really amazing.
    I might join in from the other end of the world here.
    I wish you’ll be enlightened by it and find great prayermates in eachother!

4. Lynne says

I can’t seem to make my twitter acct. link……so, let’s just pretend I could figure it out! I am @grapet7

I prayed specifically for my husband the first time I did this on Day 1. As I prayed again throughout Day One, each time I added more men – my sons, my father, a brother-in-law, nephews, since I felt that this prayer was not specifically worded for a guy I was married too (and that isn’t a complaint at all, I loved that aspect of it!) Can’t wait to begin Day2!

5. says

Love this idea! Prayer is so important, and I think sometimes we neglect it simply from a lack of direction. I’m going to write about the Prayer Dare on my blog and encourage my readers to join your challenge.

Thank you!

6. Abby says

This is awesome! Just last night I read an article from Purpose Driven Marriage and was convicted to pray for my husband more regularly. Thanks for providing a resource to help me do it!

7. says

Have just discovered you blog all the way from Glasgow, Scotland as the blogging world is finally making its way across the ocean! But how timely as God is stirring so much in my heart about prayer right now, I am a month behind but I am getting my prayer dare on!

8. says

Howdy, Nice publish. It comes with an issue with your website with traveler, may perhaps go here? Firefox on the other hand could be the industry head along with a great component of some others will leave out of the impressive crafting for this reason difficulty.

9. says

s teeth, hair, and skin, aand no tools are required for
    assembly. In older dogs it is probably onee of the leading causes of death.
    This time frfame accounts for approximately 2,000 generrations
    of humans since the great split, during which time modernn genetic features ddeveloped