I sometimes feel the overpowering pressure that many bloggers feel to be continually growing my readership base, my social media followers, and my pageviews. As one who earns income from blogging, there are certainly important reasons to be proactive in growing my blog.
I’ve mentioned it before in a vlog, but lately I’ve been keenly aware of that delicate balance between seeking ways to grow A Royal Daughter, and seeking ways to genuinely connect with you, the readers and followers I already have.
Have I told you lately how thankful I am that you take time out of your day to read the words I write, engaging me in comments, by e-mail, and on Twitter and Facebook? Have I thanked you lately for sharing my blog posts with your readers and friends?
Friends, please hear my heart on this. While it is important to seek ways to grow our blogs, it is also important to nurture the communities we already have already established. No matter how big or small that community is.
You are my community.
But I want to know, what else can I do? I want to know more about you, your family, your blog, why you keep coming back to A Royal Daughter. I’ve created a survey to help me get to know you a little better. Would please take time to fill out the survey? It’s only 10 (easy) questions.
Will you join me? Will you embrace the community you have, regardless of how big or small it is, and be intentional to nurture it, to lead your followers, and strengthen the community? If so, how? I think I need some fresh ideas!
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of this community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific posts, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Desire-to-Inspire-Button.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Blogging Goals Q & A with Chrissy at The Pearl Blog
ARD: As a blogger, what is your biggest challenge for growing your community, and how do you deal with it?
TPB: As a blogger i feel my biggest challenge in growing my community is finding ways to engage all my readers. when I started blogging it was more of a family journal, then I switched to a craft blog. Now I am a lifestyle blogger, in other words I blog about everything. I try to be true to me, but also write about what people want to hear. As a shop owner I have thankfully never experienced a “difficult” customer. I guess we will see when i reach that hurdle! I try to be honest and upfront so no one has unrealistic expectations.