I mostly sat on the outside and watched the fighting, the drama, the hate. The online bullying.
My mom has a saying that I’ll use right now: “I don’t have enough information to make a judgement.”
I don’t know who’s at fault. I don’t know who started it. And I won’t even dignify the actions by linking to blog posts, tweets, or forums.
But I do know this:
We all have power. And I think we all need to be reminded to use our power for good.
I read some of the blog posts and I scrolled through twitter threads, and at the end of it all it felt deflated, frustrated, and altogether uninspired. So late last night, I asked my sweet friend Jill of 99 WPM (who is incredibly inspiring) if she would be willing to guest post for Desire to Inspire today. And I’m so glad she did, because the words she wrote are proof in the pudding that some people understand how to use their power for good. She’s doing it.
Remember last December when horror struck our hearts (again)
Because innocent lives were lost?
Remember when we were doing #26Acts
In remembrance of those innocent lives?
Well I think I left off at 14
And life got busy with Christmas and then the new year
And then daily life and so many things
But guess what.
Life went on for those who lost loved ones last December.
I forget about that sometimes.
I try to remember.
I try to remember that there are mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers
And other relatives and friends and teachers who are feeling the pain everyday
The loss, the emptiness, the frustration because their loved one seems forgotten by the world
But not by them.
I’m the kind of person that wallows…
If I get caught up in the horrors of life, I wallow…
I get overwhelmed, I lose sight of the concept,
No, the truth of joy.
I can’t change the past
I can’t make bad things stop happening.
So what is my response then?
What can I do?
I can love…I’m good at loving.
I can give…I’m good at giving.
And I’m learning that by loving and giving
I am inspiring others to do the same.
And that is the truth of joy.
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of the Desire to Inspire community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific post, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Desire-to-Inspire-Button.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>