Have I mentioned lately how much I love this community? Yesterday I posed this question to my twitter and facebook followers:
I want to share with you some of the incredibly encouraging responses I received:
“God’s Living Word brings me comfort along with His peaceful presence. Sitting with Him, sometimes crying others quietly.” – Victoria, Life as Mrs. Aguila
“It depends on the storm, but usually a long hot bath, or a quiet date with the Mr.” – Rachel
“Crying through it, crying to God while asking ‘WHY?’, and then breathing deep in His unfailing love.” – Hannah
“A really great worship song. Ill just cry my way through them.” – Carrie, Waiting with Joy
“Knowing God is with me & two of my favorite quotes – “storms make trees take deeper roots” & “every flower grows through dirt” it reminds me that through hard times something beautiful comes out of it.” – Cassie, Live, Laugh, LOve.
When I find myself in the midst of a storm I tend to draw inward, withdrawing from community and relationships. I become very introspective, and often I journal my way through the storm. For me, writing brings clarity and healing.
My husband and I are in the midst of a storm right now. I’m not ready to share my journal with you, right now it’s between me and God. Another battle of wills. It is times like these that I am so thankful that I keep a journal. I look forward to the day when I look back on this season and I am reminded of God’s pruning, His provision, His relentless pursuit.
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of the Desire to Inspire community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific post, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
- If you would like to join the Desire to Inspire Facebook community or group Pinterest board, please e-mail me: royaldaughterdesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/RoyalDaughterDesigns/D2IButton_zps98d3a085.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>