I asked my sweet friend, Mackenzie from Life of a Pint Sized Mama to share a little bit of her heart. Mackenzie and I met last year at the Influence Conference. I admire her so much, her vulnerability, her authenticity, and her ability to engage and inspire women.
Most days I am scared about the dreams that God has put on my heart.
Most days I don’t think I’m capable.
Most days I’m sure that I am too feeble and too insecure to live out the things He’s calling me to.
I see my limits, my already crowded plate, and all the ways I’ve failed in the past. My mind recites these little reminders of why I should give up before I even start. I know without a doubt that what’s inside of me is not enough to complete the plans God might have for me.
And still, He calls me. He sees all of the things I see. He knows my tendencies and my short comings better than I do. But these are not the things He recites to me.
With a firmness that’s somehow so gentle, the Lord tells me what He sees.
Where I see desperation, He sees the opportunity for us to grow in intimacy.
Where I see weakness, He sees an avenue through which to show His strength.
Where I see utter failure, He sees the piles of grace He’s poured out on me.
Where I see not enough, He sees a chance for people to see Him and not me.
Where I see barely hanging on, He sees a Father who refuses to let go of His daughter.
And so my vision starts to change.
Though I’m still not sure I’m capable, I see His faithfulness that is stronger than my failure. With a trembling heart, I step forward because I know He’s walking right beside me. And in place of fear, my heart begins to fill with hope. I’m no longer bound to what I’m not; I’m free to see what Christ, the One who rose from the dead, wants to do with my feeble life. For His glory.
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of the Desire to Inspire community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific post, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
- If you would like to join the Desire to Inspire Facebook community or group Pinterest board, please e-mail me: royaldaughterdesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/RoyalDaughterDesigns/D2IButton_zps98d3a085.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>