Can you believe Desire to Inspire is approaching its one year anniversary? I know our little community is small, but I am so thankful for each of you who writes with purpose and passion. Thank you for being so faithful to inspire your readers!
My sweet friend, Victoria is here today to talk a little bit about infertility, and a little bit about purpose. Victoria and I have known each other since we were little, little girls in Sunday School. We grew up down the street from each other, and now, twenty-five years later, we’re still friends, and in very similar places in life.
I asked Victoria to share a little bit of her story today. I know you’ll be inspired by her!
Well hello! My name is Victoria I am so thrilled to be here at A Royal Daughter.
I’ve known Amanda since I was four, so getting to share this space with her, even for one post, is very special.
In case we haven’t met yet, here’s a crash course on me… I am a teacher, wife, cook, collector of hobbies, writer and reader of all things. I’d much rather be curled up on the couch with a fiber arts project or a good book than outside in the heat. I love God, my husband, and my family.
There it is… that’s the back of my card. The cheery little blurb I give to people I’ve just met. It’s not until I know someone a little better that I open up about the hardest thing I’m faced with everyday.
But I feel like we know each other pretty well, so I’ll share this with you.
After 8 years of marriage, my wonderful husband and I still don’t have children.
Being a married woman in her late twenties (ok, I’m only 5 months shy of 30, eek!) without children is a difficult road. One I know God is blessing me through, but some days… well, some days it’s tough.
I’ve had my fair share of sympathetic hugs and “oh, well, maybe someday” type comments.
It’s hard not to let that get under my skin.
As a Christian woman, it is difficult to accept that God would ask me to be childless. To be infertile.
It’s easy to take blame onto myself. What have I done to earn this?
But then I remember Elizabeth from the bible. This is said of Elizabeth and her husband, “Both of them were upright in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commandments and regulations blamelessly.” (Luke 1:6-7)
Elizabeth had done nothing to incur any wrath, in fact she was upright in the eyes of God, yet she too was asked to go through life for many, many years without children.
We know that in her old age she did become the mother of John the Baptist. A miracle baby.
Luke chapter one goes on to tell us that this…
65 All the neighbors were filled with awe, and throughout the hill country of Judea people were talking about all these things. 66 Everyone who heard this wondered about it, asking, “What then is this child going to be?” For the Lord’s hand was with him.
God’s power shown through Elizabeth’s birth and people saw His presence in that miracle.
I don’t know what my purpose is in God’s plan, but I know there is a plan, and that I do have a purpose.
It may not be through children, but still… I can’t wait to discover what it is!
Thank you so much for letting me join you today. I am blessed for having been here!
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of the Desire to Inspire community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific post, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops. Unfortunately this request has not been followed recently, and I’m afraid I’m going to have to start deleting links that do not meet the guidelines.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
- If you would like to join the Desire to Inspire Facebook community or group Pinterest board, please e-mail me: royaldaughterdesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/RoyalDaughterDesigns/D2IButton_zps98d3a085.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>