It is in between those moments of wrestling – the moments that make me breathless and leave me feeling fearless, and yet somehow defeated – that the realization hits: this battlefield, where I stand so brave, yet so often fall, this battlefield is holy ground.
This battlefield is holy ground.
My heart stirs as I remember the glorious honor that I have been given – that the Almighty allows me to wrestle with Him. That He welcomes my questioning. That He treasures my tears. That He honors my seeking. And that He sees beyond my frailty and brokenness and values the priceless and unique treasure that He created. Even though I beat my fists in the face of His will, He remains faithful when I am faithless.
And this battlefield, this holy ground, reminds me of how my every weakness is made strong through Him.
When I am weakest, frail from wrestling, weighed down by burdens I refuse to give up, He is strong. His strength supports me through the Valley of the Shadow and bears the weight of the burden I cling to so tightly.
It is when I feel alone, forgotten or ignore, that I remember His closeness. When my heart feels isolated and lonely – He fills it with His extravagant love, bursting through my resisting and fighting, and reminding me that He is constantly in pursuit of my heart.
It is when I am broken, dreams shattered around me, that I feel His touch. He quietly repairs the cracks, leaving scars that testify to His healing touch. A masterpiece of fractured canvas painted with divine brush strokes.
And to think, the victory cry cannot sound until the white flag of surrender waves over an abandoned battlefield. This holy ground, bare and scarred from the war I waged so valiantly, when all is quiet I realize I can finally sing the victory song of surrender.
Are you ready to be an inspiration? (To find out the purpose of the Desire to Inspire community, please read this post.)
- Please visit the others who link up and leave kind, encouraging words for them. This is about encouraging, inspiring, and building up one another.
- If you tweet about linking up, please use the hashtag #desiretoinspire so we can find each other.
- Link up your own quality, read-worthy posts.
- Focus on how you can be an inspiration, not what inspires you.
- You do not have to follow ARD, but of course I’d love it if you would.
- Link up your specific post, not your blog’s homepage.
- Please do not link up giveaways, blog/social media hops, or shops. Unfortunately this request has not been followed recently, and I’m afraid I’m going to have to start deleting links that do not meet the guidelines.
- Please link back to A Royal Daughter in your post (using the button below, or a text link back) or add this linky party to your linky party list.
- If you would like to join the Desire to Inspire Facebook community or group Pinterest board, please e-mail me: [email protected]
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/category/desire-to-inspire/" title="A Royal Daughter"><img src="http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee423/RoyalDaughterDesigns/D2IButton_zps98d3a085.png" alt="A Royal Daughter" style="border:none;" /></a></div>