1. I played pretend and played with with dolls (a.k.a. used my imagination) until I was fourteen. And I’m not ashamed of it.
2. I hum and whistle at the same time – but not on purpose. I naturally hum when I whistle, and I actually have to concentrate to whistle without humming.
3. I remember the exact occasion when I started liking sour cream. And evidently it was my favorite story to tell when I was a kid. (Sorry Mom, Dad, and Kevin for the 113 times I told that story.)
4. I hate tomatoes, but I love tomato products. Fresh tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, stewed tomatoes = no. Ketchup, marinara, chili = yes.
5. I stomp my feet when I throw up. This is something I recently learned about myself – it’s like I’m protesting what my body is doing. Tantrum + vomiting = what I imagine a 2 year old with stomach flu must be like.
6. I talk to my animals as if they understand me. I know that’s not weird – but I also respond to myself as if they are answering me. So basically, I talk to myself.
7. I prefer to sit Indian-style whenever I can. Even in church. Even if I’m wearing a skirt.
8. I have a weird obsession with cleaning out my ears. Every day, sometimes multiple times a day.
9. When I eat a popsicle I like to let it get really soft and mushy before I eat it. I want it to basically melt in my mouth. I like my ice cream the same way – very soft.
and my very weirdest of weird facts:
10. When I was a teenager I had a collection of kitten fetuses preserved in formaldehyde in my bedroom. I know that sounds gross – but they were at different stages of development and I LOVED to study the anatomical changes as the gestation period increased. (I worked for a vet – and loved biology and zoology – I promise I’m not a psycho!)
Okay now it’s your turn. Tell me some weird facts about YOU!