Ten Weird Facts About Me

1. I played pretend and played with with dolls (a.k.a. used my imagination) until I was fourteen. And I’m not ashamed of it.

2. I hum and whistle at the same time – but not on purpose. I naturally hum when I whistle, and I actually have to concentrate to whistle without humming.

3. I remember the exact occasion when I started liking sour cream. And evidently it was my favorite story to tell when I was a kid. (Sorry Mom, Dad, and Kevin for the 113 times I told that story.)

4. I hate tomatoes, but I love tomato products. Fresh tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, stewed tomatoes = no. Ketchup, marinara, chili = yes.

5. I stomp my feet when I throw up. This is something I recently learned about myself – it’s like I’m protesting what my body is doing. Tantrum + vomiting = what I imagine a 2 year old with stomach flu must be like.

6. I talk to my animals as if they understand me. I know that’s not weird – but I also respond to myself as if they are answering me. So basically, I talk to myself.

7. I prefer to sit Indian-style whenever I can. Even in church. Even if I’m wearing a skirt.

8. I have a weird obsession with cleaning out my ears. Every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

9. When I eat a popsicle I like to let it get really soft and mushy ┬ábefore I eat it. I want it to basically melt in my mouth. I like my ice cream the same way – very soft.

and my very weirdest of weird facts:

10. When I was a teenager I had a collection of kitten fetuses preserved in formaldehyde in my bedroom. I know that sounds gross – but they were at different stages of development and I LOVED to study the anatomical changes as the gestation period increased. (I worked for a vet – and loved biology and zoology – I promise I’m not a psycho!)

Amanda always did love animals

Okay now it’s your turn. Tell me some weird facts about YOU!

Amanda
Amanda
Amanda

Latest posts by Amanda (see all)

Comments

1. Barbie says:

How on earth do you hum and whistle at the same time? Amazing! I absolutely love my 14 month old long-haired chihuahua and refer to myself as “grandma” when I am talking to her! Oh, and I clean my ears too!

Okay, random facts about me? I take my SmartPhone with me to the bathroom. The days of magazine reading while on the throne are gone. (sorry, TMI, but I just had to). Oh and I like to have one foot out of the bed blankets. I need to feel air!

Have a blessed weekend!

2. Amy Jung says:

I love that you played with dolls until 14…so did I. I also caught frogs and kissed them because I hoped that the fairy tale was true…prince charming would magically appear!

3. Emily H. says:

I love number one I was so like that as a kid and yep number 5 totally reminds me of my two year old. Sorry you’ve been so sick not fun but a joy to know you get hold your little one eventually so all the throwing up and feeling yucky is worth it.

4. Caitlin says:

I think I played with Barbies until I was 13… and the only reason that I stopped was because my cousin said we were too old and packed them all up. I cried… for a few days.

5. Caroline says:

haha the sour cream one cracks me up

6. I talk to my animals and myself all the time, I actually have conversations with my Chihuahua where I answer out loud what I think he would be saying! haha! And I frequently chat with myself while I’m driving to work. Hey, who determines what’s “normal”? :D

7. Mom says:

Yep – - – she played w/baby dolls for a long time!

And the dinner table conversations would curl the toes of most families – - – but we got to hear about her exciting day at the vet clinic. I’ll let her tell about the day she got to help pull a calf!

She was beautiful, independent and strong. Boys were intimidated by her. You want guys to leave your girls alone? Make sure they know how to castrate bull-calves! LOL

I love you, Amanda! It was a blast being your mom!

8. L says:

These are great amanda!! =)
    Haha I played with barbies until I was about 15….I had a younger sister as an excuse =) But really I just loved to make up the stories and relationship scenarios LOL.
    I also used to tuck my tshirts into my underwear because I really hated the way the underwear elastic felt against my skin…..yep awkward childhood photos.
    Much Love & Hope you are feeling better!!! SO excited for you!!! =) =)

Share Your Thoughts