Ten Weird Facts About Me

1. I played pretend and played with with dolls (a.k.a. used my imagination) until I was fourteen. And I’m not ashamed of it.

2. I hum and whistle at the same time – but not on purpose. I naturally hum when I whistle, and I actually have to concentrate to whistle without humming.

3. I remember the exact occasion when I started liking sour cream. And evidently it was my favorite story to tell when I was a kid. (Sorry Mom, Dad, and Kevin for the 113 times I told that story.)

4. I hate tomatoes, but I love tomato products. Fresh tomatoes, cooked tomatoes, stewed tomatoes = no. Ketchup, marinara, chili = yes.

5. I stomp my feet when I throw up. This is something I recently learned about myself – it’s like I’m protesting what my body is doing. Tantrum + vomiting = what I imagine a 2 year old with stomach flu must be like.

6. I talk to my animals as if they understand me. I know that’s not weird – but I also respond to myself as if they are answering me. So basically, I talk to myself.

7. I prefer to sit Indian-style whenever I can. Even in church. Even if I’m wearing a skirt.

8. I have a weird obsession with cleaning out my ears. Every day, sometimes multiple times a day.

9. When I eat a popsicle I like to let it get really soft and mushy ┬ábefore I eat it. I want it to basically melt in my mouth. I like my ice cream the same way – very soft.

and my very weirdest of weird facts:

10. When I was a teenager I had a collection of kitten fetuses preserved in formaldehyde in my bedroom. I know that sounds gross – but they were at different stages of development and I LOVED to study the anatomical changes as the gestation period increased. (I worked for a vet – and loved biology and zoology – I promise I’m not a psycho!)

Amanda always did love animals

Okay now it’s your turn. Tell me some weird facts about YOU!

Amanda
Amanda
Amanda

Latest posts by Amanda (see all)

Comments

1. Barbie says:

How on earth do you hum and whistle at the same time? Amazing! I absolutely love my 14 month old long-haired chihuahua and refer to myself as “grandma” when I am talking to her! Oh, and I clean my ears too!

Okay, random facts about me? I take my SmartPhone with me to the bathroom. The days of magazine reading while on the throne are gone. (sorry, TMI, but I just had to). Oh and I like to have one foot out of the bed blankets. I need to feel air!

Have a blessed weekend!

2. Amy Jung says:

I love that you played with dolls until 14…so did I. I also caught frogs and kissed them because I hoped that the fairy tale was true…prince charming would magically appear!

3. Emily H. says:

I love number one I was so like that as a kid and yep number 5 totally reminds me of my two year old. Sorry you’ve been so sick not fun but a joy to know you get hold your little one eventually so all the throwing up and feeling yucky is worth it.

4. Caitlin says:

I think I played with Barbies until I was 13… and the only reason that I stopped was because my cousin said we were too old and packed them all up. I cried… for a few days.

5. Caroline says:

haha the sour cream one cracks me up

6. I talk to my animals and myself all the time, I actually have conversations with my Chihuahua where I answer out loud what I think he would be saying! haha! And I frequently chat with myself while I’m driving to work. Hey, who determines what’s “normal”? :D

7. Mom says:

Yep – - – she played w/baby dolls for a long time!

And the dinner table conversations would curl the toes of most families – - – but we got to hear about her exciting day at the vet clinic. I’ll let her tell about the day she got to help pull a calf!

She was beautiful, independent and strong. Boys were intimidated by her. You want guys to leave your girls alone? Make sure they know how to castrate bull-calves! LOL

I love you, Amanda! It was a blast being your mom!

8. L says:

These are great amanda!! =)
    Haha I played with barbies until I was about 15….I had a younger sister as an excuse =) But really I just loved to make up the stories and relationship scenarios LOL.
    I also used to tuck my tshirts into my underwear because I really hated the way the underwear elastic felt against my skin…..yep awkward childhood photos.
    Much Love & Hope you are feeling better!!! SO excited for you!!! =) =)

9. May I simply say what a relief to uncover someone that truly understands what
    they’re discussing on the web. You definitely realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    More people have to check this out and understand this side of the story.
    It’s surprising you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

Share Your Thoughts